Patients under the age of 18 may have visitors Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
Adult patients may have visitors Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 1 p.m. to 2:15 p.m.
Bayside Center for Behavioral Health
1650 South Osprey Ave., Sarasota, FL 34239
If you or someone you care about is suffering from depression, anxiety, substance abuse or other mental health needs, we can help. Sarasota Memorial Hospital's Bayside Center for Behavioral Health offers timely, accessible mental health assessments, as well as referrals to the most appropriate level of care, so you or your loved one can get back to living a full life.
Bayside Center is licensed by the Department of Children and Family Services, accredited by the Joint Commission, and approved by Medicare and Medicaid.
Clinical Assessment Center
Our professional, certified staff members are available 24/7 for urgent consults or by appointment during normal business hours to provide:
- Free, confidential evaluations.
- Admission to our inpatient program or referral to the appropriate treatment options in the community.
- Verification of insurance benefits.
- Recommendations for available community resources.
We offer comprehensive, inpatient programs for short-term, intensive psychiatric treatment for adults, adolescents and children. Our approach combines advanced medical practice, pharmacology and psychotherapists to treat emotional disorders that affect interpersonal or occupational functioning. Bayside offers high-quality, effective care from an interdisciplinary team to successfully return patients to their families, homes and community.
Treatment includes a comprehensive psychiatric and psychosocial assessment, medication evaluation and monitoring, nursing care, psychoeducational group activities, milieu therapy, discharge and aftercare planning. Bayside mental health services include:
- A nurturing, comfortable environment.
- Acute psychiatric services for patients who are admitted voluntarily or involuntarily.
- Staff psychiatrists, licensed mental health counselors and social workers.
- Medication management.
- Licensed Baker Act receiving facility.
- Assistance with insurance and referrals.
- Self-referrals are welcome.
- 24-hour availability.
In an emergency or crisis situation, please call 911. For a free evaluation, information, referrals or advice, call 941-917-7760, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Have you recently visited Bayside Center for Behavioral Health? If you want us to leave a review on Google, we would like to hear your feedback!