AHCA Quality Measures and Patient Safety Information:
Hospital Quality Measures and Patient Safety Information - Sarasota Campus
Hospital Quality Measures and Patient Safety Information - Venice Campus
Note: The data in these reports is compiled from many original sources, some of which are not under the control of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System.
Committed to the Highest Quality of Care
Sarasota Memorial Health Care System strives to provide our community with top-quality health care and the best patient experience.
Sarasota Memorial follows guidelines established by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), a leading quality-improvement organization that identifies best practices to ensure the right treatment is given to the right patient at the right time–every time.
IHI created the 100,000 Lives Campaign to document lives that have been saved by using evidence-based methods and procedures of care, including rapid emergency response teams, protecting patients from developing pneumonia when using a ventilator, and protecting surgical sites and central intravenous lines from infection. Sarasota Memorial has adopted these life-saving quality care methods.
We believe people can make better decisions about their health care if they have accurate information, so we have committed to reporting publicly how Sarasota Memorial Health Care System ranks on a range of quality standards and benchmarks.
Quality improvement initiatives include:
- National Hospital Quality Alliance: Advancing treatments known to get the best results for adult patients with heart attack, heart failure and pneumonia.
- Joint Commission’s National Patient Safety Goals: Adopting these initiatives to improve patient safety.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Patient Safety Indicators: Advancing safety measures that help identify accidents, complications or other medical mishaps before they occur.
- American Nurses Credentialing Center Magnet Program: Establishing a national database of key nurse performance indicators, allowing hospitals to compare their performance on key nursing performance indicators, such as preventing patient falls and preventing pressure ulcers.
- Joint Commission's Quality Check and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Hospital Compare: Quality guides to health care organizations in the United States contain the most comprehensive information available on commonly reported quality measures.
For more information about the quality and value of care at Sarasota Memorial and other hospitals, please visit the Federal Government and the State of Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration websites.