Brian D. Jellison Cancer Institute
Oncology Tower at Sarasota Memorial Hospital-Sarasota
1700 S. Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34239
Sarasota Memorial's latest addition to its Brian D. Jellison Cancer Institute is also the expanding cancer care program’s cornerstone: The 8-story inpatient and surgical Oncology Tower elevates the art and industry of cancer treatment in Southwest Florida. The tower provides patients with the full continuum of modern cancer care — from diagnosis and intervention to survivorship care — under one roof.
Click here to learn more about oncology services at Sarasota Memorial.
Located on the Sarasota Memorial Hospital-Sarasota Campus, the new Oncology Tower was built with patients' needs in mind. Its many features and design details were carefully chosen to create a comfortable, welcoming environment that promotes healing and offers convenient access to comprehensive care, close to home.
The cancer care tower’s features include:
- 180,000 square feet dedicated to inpatient care and surgical treatment for patients with cancer.
- 2 floors housing 56 dedicated private suites for hospitalized patients with cancer.
- A Family Center on each patient floor with kitchen, dining and lounge areas for patients’ loved ones.
- 9 operating rooms outfitted with the latest surgical technology, including leading-edge robotic surgical suites with Da Vinci robots.
- 24/7-access to other hospital and emergency care services.
- Onsite integrative cancer care, including counseling services, patient navigators and other support programs guiding patients along their cancer journey.
- The Rooftop Café and juice bar, offering health-focused fare and stunning views of Sarasota Bay from the 8th floor.
- A dedicated entrance, lobby and registration area with free valet services nearby.
- Onsite oncology pharmacy and bedside prescription delivery service.
At Sarasota Memorial, patients fighting cancer always receive the most powerful medicine of all: Hope.
Learn More About SMH Cancer Care
The Oncology Tower, along with the Radiation Oncology Center that opened in 2020 off University Parkway, is part of Sarasota Memorial’s expanding cancer-care center of excellence. In its next phase of growth, the Cancer Institute will begin designing and building outpatient cancer-care centers, including a pavilion across the street from the tower and a center on the new Sarasota Memorial Hospital-Venice campus.
The Cancer Institute’s continued expansion is due in large part to generous support from the Sarasota Memorial Healthcare Foundation’s Leading with Care donors. To date, the Leading with Care campaign has raised more than $56 million for cancer care advancements at Sarasota Memorial, including a transformational $25 million gift from the Brian and Sheila Jellison Family Foundation. Click here to learn how the Jellison Family’s donation is benefitting our community, and click here to learn more about Leading with Care.