Want to learn more about our Joint Replacement and Joint Revision services?
Orthopedic Services: Spine Care & Joint Replacement & Revisions
Whether your joint, spine or other orthopedic problem stems from trauma, injury, illness or aging, Sarasota Memorial’s comprehensive Orthopedic Services program aims to get you back to living a pain free, active life.
Sarasota Memorial Hospital-Venice — backed by the experience, expertise and resources of the area’s largest health care system — provides south Sarasota County residents convenient access to the same 5-Star orthopedic physicians, staff and systems available at our SMH-Sarasota campus, where we’ve been serving patients since 1925.
Consistently recognized for excellence in joint and spine care, our Orthopedic Services program offers the latest diagnostics for spine and joint problems, as well as pre-habilitation, surgical and nonsurgical treatments, pain management, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, home health care, and medically integrated performance and wellness classes.
Orthopedics Care Team
Led by William Mehserle, MD, Medical Director for Venice Campus and Orthopedic Surgeon, the multidisciplinary team includes surgeons nationally recognized for their expertise in joint replacements, complex joint revisions and minimally invasive surgeries for hips, knees, spines, shoulders and other joints.
Our team of Orthopedic surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses, physical and occupational therapists, pain management specialists and case managers work collaboratively and with each patient to ensure customized care with the best possible outcome.
Request Appointment or Referral
For orthopedic surgery appointment and referral help, call Sarasota Memorial’s HealthLine team at 941-261-7777. For non-urgent questions, please call our Orthopedic nurse navigator at 941-261-3062 or email email@example.com.
Orthopedic Conditions We Treat
Sarasota Memorial's Orthopedic specialists evaluate and treat a wide range of injuries and disorders, from common arthritis to complex spinal-cord injuries. These include:
- ACL injury
- Broken and fractured bones
- Hip fracture
- Hip pain, injury or disorder requiring hip replacement
- Knee pain, injury or disorder requiring knee replacement
- Meniscal tears
- Orthopedic cancer
- Shoulder pain, injury or disorder requiring knee replacement
- Spinal injury
- Spinal stenosis
- Trochanteric bursitis
Sarasota Memorial’s orthopedic services and treatments include:
- Evaluation using the latest diagnostics, including a state-of-the-art 3T MRI
- Total and partial hip, knee and shoulder joint replacement
- Spinal decompression
- Spinal fusion, discectomies and laminectomies
- Pain Management, surgical and non-surgical options
- Anterior Supine Intermuscular (ASI) hip replacement
- Revision (corrective) surgery of old joint replacements
- Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Outpatient physical therapy, occupational rehabilitation and other rehabilitative therapies
- Home health care, at home and in our nationally recognized assisted living facility
- Spine surgery (scoliosis, stenosis, spinal fusion, lumbar laminectomy and cervical fusion/laminectomy)
- Orthopedic cancer care
- Sports medicine
- Pre-operative education and follow-up care
- Robotic and minimally invasive surgery (SMH-Sarasota campus)
- Pediatric orthopedics (SMH-Sarasota campus)
Why Choose SMH-Venice?
- SMH-V received the Advanced Hip and Knee Replacement Certification by DNV Healthcare, one of the nation's leading hospital accreditation organizations.
For more information or help with appointments and referrals, call Sarasota Memorial’s HealthLine team at 941-261-7777.