Sarasota Memorial Heart Failure Program
With more than 50 cardiologists on staff, Sarasota Memorial offers patients the region's most comprehensive and advanced cardiovascular services. But what does that mean for our patients with heart failure?
It means care at Sarasota Memorial will exceed your expectations.
What You Can Expect
- Top-notch healthcare from a veteran team of specialized medical providers with decades of experience in treating heart disorders and chronic conditions like congestive heart failure
- The latest diagnostic and treatment options
- Conveniently located outpatient disease-management clinics
- Ongoing education and support for patients and their families to better manage changes in diet, medications and other factors that can affect heart health
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation programs that will improve your quality of life
- A roster of prevention and lifestyle programs with something to suit every patient
SMH Heart Failure Care Team
Led by Hakim Morsli, MD, the Heart Failure team includes more than 50 cardiology specialists, as well as highly trained cardiovascular nurse specialists for inpatient care. The nurse specialists provide in-depth education tailored to each patient’s diagnosis and needs, and provide follow-up for recently discharged patients to ensure a smooth transition from inpatient hospital stays to the return home.
Heart Failure Center Locations
1540 S. Tamiami Trail,
Sarasota, FL 34239
Sarasota Memorial Health Care Center at Blackburn Point
929 S. Tamiami Trail,
Osprey, FL 34229
Heart Failure Center
The goal of Sarasota Memorial's outpatient Heart Failure Center is to optimize patients' cardiovascular health so they can live life to the fullest. We welcome patients at any stage of heart failure, and give them the tools and support they need to manage their condition. We work with each patient and their care team to create a customized treatment plan that includes outpatient clinic visits, symptom and weight tracking by phone, expert medication regimens, and activity and dietary action plans.
Outpatient services include:
- 24/7 phone access to an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse for emergencies
- Patient and family education on disease, disease management and diet
- Assessment of daily-living capabilities
- Custom diet plans and support to help patients stick to them
- Pacemaker monitoring and optimization
- A fully accredited, award-winning program
Medicare, Medicaid and most insurance plans cover services at the Heart Failure Center; a physician referral is required for participation. For more information on our Heart Failure Centers, call 941-917-7867 (PUMP).
Honors & Awards
With a patient-centered approach, Sarasota Memorial’s Heart Failure program continually strives for excellence—so patients can be assured that they are getting better with the best. The program was spotlighted as a "Higher Performer" in Heart Failure by the U.S. News' "Best Hospitals" report.
Ornish Diet & Lifestyle Program to reverse heart disease
American Association of Heart Failure Nurses Patient Tip Sheet