Accommodations & Amenities at SMH-Venice
At Sarasota Memorial Hospital-Venice, all 110 patient rooms are private suites equipped with private bathrooms and the latest in hospital amenities and technology to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
- Each inpatient room is equipped with a digital information whiteboard that is paired to another digital board in the hallway. Unlike traditional dry-erase whiteboards, these interactive, touchscreen boards allow staff to video chat directly with patients when out of the room, offer an added visual signal for patient alerts, and display care team photos and names for easier identification by the patient/patient family.
- "Low height" patient beds are designed with advanced fall-prevention technologies and maximum flexibility to accommodate people of all heights, sizes and mobilities. These wireless beds, known as "smart beds," even include USB ports and phone holders, so you can easily power-up, store and access your devices without leaving the bed.
- The SMH-Venice Labor / Delivery / Recovery / Post-Partum Unit features 10 cozy birthing suites equipped with a laboring tub or spacious shower for patient comfort.
- Networked technology connects SMH-Venice, SMH-Sarasota and other Sarasota Memorial care centers, ensuring patients can receive an uninterrupted continuity of care across our locations.
Valuables & Personal Belongings
Because the hospital is a very busy place, we recommend keeping your personal items and valuables at home. If this isn't possible, there is a safe available on the SMH-Venice Campus; however, space is limited.
Personal items kept at the bedside - such as dentures, eyeglasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, canes and walkers - are the patient's responsibility. Be sure to label any personal items with your name.
For items that have been lost or found during your stay, call 941-261-5678 (LOST) or email VeniceLostandFound@smh.com.
In-room Patient Dining
At SMH-Venice, you'll have a number of fresh patient-meal options to choose from, making it easy to find meals that suit your personal tastes and diets. Posted on the bedside in your room is a restaurant-style menu developed by our executive chef. If you have special dietary needs, look for diet-specific inserts (heart-healthy, plant-based, etc.) in your menu.
Room Service: Patients who can order meals without assistance may call in orders for Room Service. These patients can choose fresh, made-to-order meals from the bedside menu anytime from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. by selecting “option 1” on their in-room phone. Breakfast options are available all day. Offsite family members also can place meal orders for hospitalized loved ones from outside the hospital by calling 941-261-3003.
Fresh to You Service: Our Fresh to You meal service is designed for patients on higher-acuity units who may need assistance ordering meals. Nutrition attendants will take patients’ meal orders, ensuring the choices meet dietary requirements. These patients may choose from daily specials or one of the options on the bedside menu.
In-room Dining for Patient Guests: Patient visitors may order their own meal tray for a fee. The guest meal tray will be delivered along with the patient’s meal, so that the guest doesn’t have to leave the bedside. To order an in-room guest meal, call 941-261-3003.
Patient visitors may also choose to dine in the Garden Café, located on the hospital’s first floor. Click here for more information on meal and snack options available at the café and coffee bar.
Publix Pharmacy Bedside Delivery
Sarasota Memorial and Publix Pharmacy have teamed up to provide a service that eases the transition from hospital to home: bedside delivery of a patients prescription medications. Patients can have their prescriptions filled and delivered directly to their hospital room prior to being discharged, eliminating a tedious extra stop between hospital and home.
Simply tell a member of your care team you'd like your take-home medications brought to you before you leave. It will be hand delivered to your bedside by the Publix Pharmacy at Plaza Venezia across the street from the hospital. Just have your co-pay ready. Publix Pharmacy accepts most insurance plans, and your nurse or doctor can help resolve any issues before you leave. With any questions for the pharmacy, call 941-488-2459.
Bedside Landline Telephones
Each patient room is equipped with a bedside telephone with a designated phone number that can be dialed directly from an off-campus phone. The room's direct phone number is displayed on the digital information whiteboard inside the room. Local calls are free; for long-distance calls, use a credit card or call collect.
To make a phone call using a patient room phone:
SMH-Venice admits patients and provides treatment without regard to race, color, national origin, age, gender, disability or religion.
- Calls to off-campus phone numbers: Dial 9 + 1 + the 10-digit phone number (including area code).
- For hearing impaired: TDD-amplified handsets and phones for the deaf are available upon request.
- Non-English speakers: Arrangements can be made for a language line for patients who do not speak English. Interpreters also are available for most languages.