Volunteer at Sarasota Memorial
Make a difference in our community: Volunteer at Sarasota Memorial.
Our volunteers provide comfort and assistance to patients, their families, visitors and our staff. We appreciate the dedicated, compassionate and conscientious service they provide.
More than 80 volunteer services support the Sarasota Memorial Hospital-Sarasota and Sarasota Memorial Hospital-Venice campuses. No matter what your skills or special talents, or if you'd like to learn something new, there is a volunteer opportunity to suit your interests.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Commitment to one 4-hour shift per week for a minimum of 6 consecutive months
- Must be able to accumulate at least 100 hours over the course of a year
- A sincere interest in helping others in a caring, compassionate and dedicated manner
Become a Volunteer Today!
- Step 1: Complete the volunteer application form
- Step 2: Our Volunteer Services Team will contact you to schedule an interview and discuss available volunteer opportunities.
- Tuberculosis Screening (2 step Mantoux)
- Flu vaccination required during flu season
- Attend a hospital orientation session
- Complete a criminal background check
- Complete on the job training in assigned position
- Purchase of required SMH Volunteer Services uniform top